The Rose Adventure

or What happens when a non-gardener impulsively buys 15 David Austin, bare root, English rose bushes.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cold weather

Well, here it is Saturday and I planned on buying all the mulch, peat moss and top soil today because we have the truck and manpower available. But the weather is not cooperating. And the weather is supposed to get worse before it gets better over the next couple days.

The roses are still in cold water in the garage. I have two choices. To keep the roses in cold water or to plant them. If I keep them in cold water, I won't be able to plant until the icy weather passes on Tuesday or Wednesday. If I plant them now, I'll worry if they survive the possible ice. sigh. Do all gardeners stress like this over their plantings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter