The Rose Adventure

or What happens when a non-gardener impulsively buys 15 David Austin, bare root, English rose bushes.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Graham Thomas got a new cane!




It hailed this afternoon. Almost all day I looked out the windows watching the rain. When I wasn't watching rain, I was reading gardening websites and finding more gardening websites.














But the best part of the day was when I went out to the patio area to check on the "volcano roses."

Upon close inspection, the Graham Thomas was found to have new growth on it! It's not dead afterall! Joy, joy, it's alive! I, the non-gardener who used to kill every plant, discovered leaves on a geranium I froze and tiny roots on a cutting from the Queen of Denmark. But best of all, Graham Thomas has traded in his black canes for a bunch of new green ones. We're celebratin' tonight!

Who knows, maybe Lavender # 3 will spring to life. I'm hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter