The Rose Adventure

or What happens when a non-gardener impulsively buys 15 David Austin, bare root, English rose bushes.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Rose & Plant Update






More Scepter'd Isle roses ...dreamy sigh... I'm glad I planted three of these. The one now blooming out front by the road is just as nice.












The plants on the deck are hanging on, despite not being planted yet.











The Cascadia Petunias are doing well! I lost two branches in the thunderstorm the other day but stuck them in some dirt and they still look alive. No wilting yet and one actually bloomed. I don't know if a Petunia can be grown like that or not. I'll see.


















The Fair Bianca's, on the other hand, are looking frightful. I think they can't handle as much rain as the other roses. Here's a pic and the roses look so dreadful that I quarantined this photo with a red border. Keep out. Do not pass. Hopefully it's not contagious.










The James Galway roses are slowly opening up, with no evidence of deer munch marks. =) They don't look much different from the Scepter'd Isle at this point. I wish now I had picked a different color.

All this intense gardening with more deadlines (as in PLANT TODAY OR I WILL DIE) is getting to be too much for me. Even with the help of a Rose Support Team, I am getting very, very tired. I feel as though I just had triplets: No sooner does one plant look ok than another needs tending. I'm hovering. I'm obsessing. I'm practically roosting. And the patio isn't done. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter